Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An Oprah Uh-Oh

Hit my first snag. Just as I was about to close the deal on a brand spankin' new, expertly fitted bra, per Friday's Oprah, it occurred to me that to do so would be a direct violation of Wednesday's Oprah. Remember Suze Orman's pronouncement that any idiot ought to be able to save a little money? I mean, come on, anybody can find 10 bucks a week. Don't tell me you can't do it. Words to that effect that were just so "oh please" that even Oprah backed down to the financial alpha female. "I'm not gonna tell you anything," Oprah said. Oprah, who could easily upholster a couch with thousand-dollar bills and never miss it, is probably thinking twice now about whether to indulge in new Maidenform. So what do I do? A moment of truth in Macy's fitting room, Eastern European bra fitter waiting for a decision. The gals need the boost, all hands agree, but at the same time I'm supposed to be stashing a few grand away a year. Could I really justify 60 smackers worth of new lingerie? I decided to keep my old bra and stuff it with cash. A penny saved is a B cup earned, okay? Okay.

No comments: